BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development course from Mercury Solutions is a Virtual (online) IT Diploma program, designed to equip you with technical skills highly relevant to a range of IT sectors such as - Information system design and management, IT manufacturing and maintenance and Technical services areas, e-business strategy and Technical support and many other related domains.
In addition, this program provides opportunities for students to apply their knowledge and practical skills directly in the workplace. The knowledge gained from this program enhances one’s career and employability in the areas of Computer Science and IT. Mainly, beneficial for the students those who have already decided to enter this area of work. Alternatively, it also give value to adult learners who wish to make the commitment required by this qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment in IT and computing sectors or progress into higher education.
BTEC HND qualifications are world’s most successful and best-loved learning brand welcomed by the employers, recognized by many international professional bodies and having access to UK and other universities to enter into the second or final year of an honors degree in Computer Science.
Edexcel BTEC Higher National programs are established to provide a specialist vocational program linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards. These programs offer a robust, sector-specific emphasis on practical skills development, besides the development of necessary knowledge and expertise.
In addition to providing a strong foundation in the key concepts and practical skills required for the sector, it also allows direct progression to employment.
Edexcel BTEC Higher National program in Computing and Systems Development is developed to mainly develop to focus on:
- Providing opportunities to students in achieving internationally recognized vocational specific qualification.
- Providing skills that are helpful to make careers in computing and systems development
- Providing opportunities to progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as a full or part time degree in computing or a related area
- Developing the knowledge, understanding and skills of students in the field of computing and systems development
Upon completion of the program, one meets the above requirements by:
- Being equipped with the knowledge, understanding and expertise in the concepts for success in employment in computing industry
- Get enabled to get a progression to an undergraduate degree or professional qualification in computing industry
- Attaining flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation that prove as a basis for future studies and career development in computing and systems development.
The students are expected to develop the following skills during the course of program study:
- Ability in integrating concepts, knowledge and skills relating to computing and system development
- Ability to engage with complex and unpredictable situation in computing contexts
- Ability in applying complex theories to practical work situations in computing sector
- Independently study and generating computing evidence
- Ability to take responsibility to manage and direct their own activities
- Ability to change and multi-task, generate research and investigation skills